Come Inside... > Petrol/Diesel/Red Diesel/Aviation Fuel Head Zone

The I'm filling my trousers thread

(1/314) > >>

GROWLER:
Not cars this time, but a light aircraft.

You might not want to watch this BM.  noooo:
Contains some blood and bit of gore. :sick016:

Not nice, but at least a lucky escape. :thumbsup:

http://travel.aol.co.uk/2012/08/09/watch-terrifying-plane-crash-video-cockpit-idaho/

Barman:
 eeek:

The plane was overloaded for the conditions - the take-off run went on forever and he should have aborted waaay before it eventually dragged itself off the ground.

Then, when he fails to make enough height to clear the trees he attempts the 'turn of death' turning back downwind towards the 'runway'.

As he turns downwind he effectively loses a load of the air over the wings that is keeping him aloft. You never turn back even if the engine fails at take off - you always attempt to dump the plane straight ahead into the wind.

Air pocket - my big, fat, hairy arse.

Just my humble opinion of course....  whistle:

GROWLER:
I'm nor'a pilot like, but even THIS great bear noticed the length of the take off.
Been on Council Estate Airways  flights take off's that were shorter than that. eeek:

Barman:

--- Quote from: GROWLER on August 10, 2012, 08:02:45 AM ---I'm nor'a pilot like, but even THIS great bear noticed the length of the take off.
Been on Council Estate Airways  flights take off's that were shorter than that. eeek:

--- End quote ---

Yes, he'd have been off the end of the runway at heathrow!  lol:

Nick:
Passengers out of Scallypool are issued with oars  noooo:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version