Disgusterous

Author Topic: Cider in Pork????  (Read 1284 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Cider in Pork????
« on: August 02, 2012, 06:48:55 AM »
Quote from: The telegraph
French cows reared on fine wine

French cows are enjoying up to two bottles of high quality wine every day as farmers attempt to produce the best beef in Europe.

The extraordinary development has seen a 'Vinbovin' label of meat established which is already being championed by some of the best restaurants in Paris.

It follows an experiment in Lunel-Viel, in the southern Herault region of France, which saw three cows fed local wine for four months.

Jean-Charles Tastavy, who came up with the idea, said the two Angus and one Camargue were initially fed the wine in a mix of barley, hay and grapes.

It soon became clear that they were 'happy cows' who ended up producing an exceptionally succulent meat.

And...

Quote from: frank Davis
So when the killjoys have made alcohol illegal, there’s hope that our bovine friends will have taken up the bottle instead. The pubs will be empty, but cattle and pigs and sheep (why not turkeys and chickens too?) will be tottering round the fields, looking as pleased as punch. Cider-fed pork sounds good. And maybe also turkey raised on cranberry wine. The possibilities are unlimited.

Clicky!

Sounds excellent - save all that unnecessary glass lifting during a meal!  Thumbs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Tipsy Gipsy

• Power Poster
Re: Cider in Pork????
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 09:10:19 PM »
Do you have a list of stockists?  I'll be back there on Sunday I can source some for you.   lol:
It's better than I ever even knew.  They say that the world was built for two.  Only worth living if somebody is loving you.  Baby now you do.