Author Topic: Snoopy's all new labrador puppy and other chewing/jumping disasters thread  (Read 5480 times)

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
All nice and ready like  angel1
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
So far ~ So good.
Kai is settling in nicely, Today he has treed two cats who had the nerve to come into the garden, totally ignored the postman's ring at  the door bell, chosen where he wants to sleep at night (under the stairs), barked at unfamiliar noises near the house, walks well on the lead, ignores most other dogs, cyclists etc but is happy to make friends with callers once I have told him they are okay. Couple of pikeys came to the door flogging "Tree Surgery". He came with me to the door and simply bared his fangs and they vanished. He sits at the roadside waiting to cross, doesn't pull over much and when he managed to slip his collar immediately sat and waited for it to be put back on. He does not look to be fed at the table when we eat although can look very mournful when anyone has a sandwich but he leaves us alone when we eat, ignores cups of tea left on the coffee table
All in all just what we were looking for.

Oh and he is a big softy who likes lots of cuddles but by Christ when he treads on your foot you know you've been trodden on. Weighty isn't the word. He also bullies the boys who are still a bit wary of him so he gets biscuits out of them when Woodstock and I won't give him extras.

We are sticking to the two feeds and two walks a day routine that the kennels used with him and it seems he can tell the time as he lets us know when food is due and then won't settle until he has had a twenty minute walk.

At the moment Woodstock is out shopping. the boys are on their laptops in their rooms and I am in my study so he has positioned himself in the hall where he can keep an eye on all doors and is sleeping with one eye part open.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
So far ~ So good.
Kai is settling in nicely, Today he has treed two cats who had the nerve to come into the garden, totally ignored the postman's ring at  the door bell, chosen where he wants to sleep at night (under the stairs), barked at unfamiliar noises near the house, walks well on the lead, ignores most other dogs, cyclists etc but is happy to make friends with callers once I have told him they are okay. Couple of pikeys came to the door flogging "Tree Surgery". He came with me to the door and simply bared his fangs and they vanished. He sits at the roadside waiting to cross, doesn't pull over much and when he managed to slip his collar immediately sat and waited for it to be put back on. He does not look to be fed at the table when we eat although can look very mournful when anyone has a sandwich but he leaves us alone when we eat, ignores cups of tea left on the coffee table
All in all just what we were looking for.

Oh and he is a big softy who likes lots of cuddles but by Christ when he treads on your foot you know you've been trodden on. Weighty isn't the word. He also bullies the boys who are still a bit wary of him so he gets biscuits out of them when Woodstock and I won't give him extras.

We are sticking to the two feeds and two walks a day routine that the kennels used with him and it seems he can tell the time as he lets us know when food is due and then won't settle until he has had a twenty minute walk.

At the moment Woodstock is out shopping. the boys are on their laptops in their rooms and I am in my study so he has positioned himself in the hall where he can keep an eye on all doors and is sleeping with one eye part open.

:thumbsup:  sounds good........

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Mine just pisses all over the floor and barks at nothing...  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline miss Tchevious

• Senior Moment
apc also.  noooo:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
Puppy Update:

Last week, as reported, the mutt had his nuts removed and is sporting a hooge "Elizabethan Collar" i.e. a plastic bucket just like BM's (this alone may explain much methinks) The stiches are due out next Tuesday and the collar may then be dispensed with. The removal of the protective bucket will be a relief to us all as it is transparent but the stoopid animal can't judge the edges and keeps barging into everything, furniture, ornaments, bookcases, my fooking shins and so forth.

Now minus his two veg he has taken to humping anything he can get his paws on ......  Shrugs:

He has a small duvet in his basket .... he was humping that just now. Minimus found him at it and said "Ah! He obviously is hoping for some pillows" ..... Now where does an 11 year old get a sense of humour like that?

Offline Nick

I blame the father  ::)

Awaits Puppies jokes

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
I blame the father  ::)

Which, funnily enough, is exactly what Woodstock said!  evil:

Offline Marley's Ghost (Imbiber of Spirits)

• Fool Member
  • What a dead end job . .
Puppy Update:

Last week, as reported, the mutt had his nuts removed and is sporting a hooge "Elizabethan Collar" i.e. a plastic bucket just like BM's (this alone may explain much methinks) The stiches are due out next Tuesday and the collar may then be dispensed with. The removal of the protective bucket will be a relief to us all as it is transparent but the stoopid animal can't judge the edges and keeps barging into everything, furniture, ornaments, bookcases, my fooking shins and so forth.

Now minus his two veg he has taken to humping anything he can get his paws on ......  Shrugs:

He has a small duvet in his basket .... he was humping that just now. Minimus found him at it and said "Ah! He obviously is hoping for some pillows" ..... Now where does an 11 year old get a sense of humour like that?

School?
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." 

Well, someone had to say it!

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
Kid has not long been back at school after 3 years of home education ........ So I blame the parents. redface:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
All this rabbit rabbit rabbiting, but errrrr, when are we actually get to see (piccies) this dog then please?  whistle:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster

Name: Kai
Weight: 23.6 kilos
Piccy taken this morning at Growler's request
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 08:34:32 AM by Snoopy »

Offline Nick

separated at birth?

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
Could be ....... Kai was one of a litter.  whistle:

You can prolly tell from the look on his face he is pissed off with wearing that collar. Still it comes off in a few days.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 08:57:23 AM by Snoopy »