Disgusterous

Author Topic: Allergic to coins  (Read 3917 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Allergic to coins
« on: April 20, 2012, 06:55:02 AM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-17773007

I am allergic to the coins in current use ~ yes it is a nickel allergy which brings me up in a eczema type rash. Carrying coins in a trouser pocket in hot weather brings the rash on and it is a bugger to cure. Same applies to wearing a wrist watch ... I can only wear a gold watch.

Soooooo These new coins will either have to be carried in a purse  Gayer: or I shall have to accept only notes.  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 07:08:00 AM by Snoopy »
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
Re: Allergic to coins
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 07:09:59 AM »

I am allergic to the coins in current use ~ yes it is a nickel allergy which brings me up in a eczema type rash. Carrying coins in a trouser pocket in hot weather brings the rash on and it is a bugger to cure. Same applies to wearing a wrist watch ... I can only wear a gold watch.

Soooooo These new coins will either have to be carried in a purse  Gayer: or I shall have to accept only notes.  :thumbsup:

What are coins?
I mostly despair

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 07:24:00 AM »
Happy to receive your shrapnel  :thumbsup:
Skubber

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 07:24:13 AM »

What are coins?

Oh come off it! I'm sure you remember Farthings  ;)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 07:25:32 AM »

What are coins?

He used to ride one around the farm....  ;)
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 07:31:35 AM »

What are coins?

He used to ride one around the farm....  ;)

Spect he scared the horses!

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 07:37:45 AM »

What are coins?

Farthings? Darwin probably remembers groats   whistle:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 08:10:21 AM »

What are coins?

Like me he can probably do sums involving Acres, Rods, Poles and Perches too.

And on that subject why do I have to buy diesel in Litres when cars are still being sold showing their consumption figures in MPG?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 08:12:29 AM by Snoopy »

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2012, 08:27:34 AM »

What are coins?

And on that subject why do I have to buy diesel in Litres when cars are still being sold showing their consumption figures in MPG?

I always thought that it was convenient to price petrol in litres as it made it look 'cheaper' to the sheeple.... Seven and a half quid a gallon seems an outrageous price to anybody that remembers the shock of it going up to 50p...

For the same reason, I reckon that 'so many litres per 100Km' sounds expensive when you are paying £1.50 per litre....

Although the other reason of course is that your roads and speed limits are still in miles....  ;)
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2012, 08:29:43 AM »

What are coins?

:thumbsup:
I mostly despair

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2012, 08:39:45 AM »
Log tables...  cloud9:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2012, 08:40:47 AM »

What are coins?

A couple of years ago I was helping set up an Allotment Association in the village. The Allotments Officer from County got involved. We stood at the side of a fiield that a local farmer was willing to "donate" a portion of for the purpose (and the rent) and the A.O. said "How big will the proposed allotments be?"
I eyed up the patch and replied "I reckon we ought to get twenty 10 rod allotments on there, making due allowance for paths between them, and if some people don't want that much space then we could halve some to make a few 5 rod plots"
She was utterly baffled..... "What's that in square metres?"
So I whipped out the National Allotment Association's handbook and showed her that allotments are still measured in Rods.
How the fvck did she get the job?

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2012, 08:51:20 AM »

What are coins?

A couple of years ago I was helping set up an Allotment Association in the village. The Allotments Officer from County got involved. We stood at the side of a fiield that a local farmer was willing to "donate" a portion of for the purpose (and the rent) and the A.O. said "How big will the proposed allotments be?"
I eyed up the patch and replied "I reckon we ought to get twenty 10 rod allotments on there, making due allowance for paths between them, and if some people don't want that much space then we could halve some to make a few 5 rod plots"
She was utterly baffled..... "What's that in square metres?"
So I whipped out the National Allotment Association's handbook and showed her that allotments are still measured in Rods.

How the fvck did she get the job?
Probably by perching on a few rods in County hall.
I mostly despair

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2012, 08:53:06 AM »
 lol: lol: lol: lol:  drumroll:

Offline Marley's Ghost (Imbiber of Spirits)

• Fool Member
  • What a dead end job . .
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2012, 03:44:29 PM »
. . . . prolly leaving some acres in her wake!
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." 

Well, someone had to say it!