• Senior Moment
Re: Bacon
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2012, 09:03:07 PM »
Better than fvcking Venice... ;)

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2012, 09:06:07 PM »
My favourite bacon is what I get served up at breakfast after a night at the Royal Oak Inn at Luxborough, Somerset. I don't do the full English. I have scrambled egg on white toast with two or three rashers and some mushrooms. I know he sources it all locally but I don't know where. The dinner the night before is well worth it too...

You can join me any time Miss D to taste the wares...Have to stay overnight of course and they don't do single rooms... whistle: eyes:  ;)

So 2 rooms then  rubschin:
Skubber

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2012, 09:09:33 PM »
 :thumbsup:

Miss D must be kept pure
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Pirate

• Senior Moment
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2012, 09:09:36 PM »
My favourite bacon is what I get served up at breakfast after a night at the Royal Oak Inn at Luxborough, Somerset. I don't do the full English. I have scrambled egg on white toast with two or three rashers and some mushrooms. I know he sources it all locally but I don't know where. The dinner the night before is well worth it too...

You can join me any time Miss D to taste the wares...Have to stay overnight of course and they don't do single rooms... whistle: eyes:  ;)

So 2 rooms then  rubschin:

Yeah...we can have Miss C and Tipsy  there if you like...Foursome eh...

What about Misty?

Oh, its alright...she'll be in Venice...
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 09:19:00 PM by Pirate »

Offline Pirate

• Senior Moment
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2012, 09:21:57 PM »
with Nick..

PLAY MISTY FOR ME

Site's slow again...

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2012, 09:45:33 PM »
Case's of Dorset used to do a good dry cure bacon ..... went out of business unfortunately.... Product was too expensive I suppose. Last I heard was when my lil bruv left their employ some years ago and most of their bacon went to Fortnum & Mason or the big hotels.

You pay more for it but personally I'd go to a proper butcher ~ not Sainsbugs, Waitrose, Tesco, Morrisons or Asda who, despite their so called "Butchers in Store"  haven't a clue. Mostly they just weigh and package whatever the warehouse sends them ~ A good local butcher has a reputation to preserve and therefore won't sell crap.

Same applies to their in-store bakeries ~ not a real baker in sight ~ just people in white coats cooking part baked stuff made in  a factory.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2012, 09:54:05 PM »

Oh that is .......BACK bacon ...... whistle: