Disgusterous

Author Topic: How do you define serious?  (Read 1396 times)

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
How do you define serious?
« on: October 28, 2014, 12:53:23 PM »
Sharon Shoesmith has come back out of the woodwork to complain that she is also a victim since she was sacked over the baby P scandal as she hasn't been able to find another job.

But last night Mrs Shoesmith claimed she was a 'victim' of the case. She said: 'Peter was a victim of male child homicide, but you know we have all been victims in this.'

Appearing on BBC's Newsnight she revealed she had not worked since 2008, despite applying for 'several hundred jobs'.
She said: 'You can't simply sack people. I think there needs to be an honest process. The real issue here is about familial child homicide.'

And just how are you a victim? You have a life, as opposed to the child who was beaten to death because you did a piss poor job of running your department and I'm pretty sure that the reason you haven't been able to find work since has nothing to do with the fact you were sacked and everything to do with your performance in your last role. Somehow I can't see an employer wanting to touch you with a bargepole.

And yes you could argue that there were also failings in the police and GP's who saw him but they haven't been whinging about how they are being 'unfairly treated', they have accepted that they completely screwed up and have got on with improving systems and procedures to try and stop it from happening again.

During her Newsnight interview, broadcast last night, she admitted that the number of mistakes made had been 'breathtaking when you look at it all together', but refused to describe the failures as 'serious'.
'It depends how you're going to define serious. What is a serious failure?' she asked.
'I believe I took responsibility and I believe that I was entirely accountable to my role.'

What is a serious failure? Call me picky but I'd say that a serious failure is where the department that you were responsible for repeatedly and consistently failed in their duty of care leading to the torture and horrific murder of a child, Peter and his brothers were already on the child protection register because of neglect but despite having any number of indicators that they should have been taken into care long beforehand no action was taken.

You haven't taken responsibility, if you had then you wouldn't be carping on about how you were a victim of the government pandering to public opinion. The simple fact is that you were negligent in running your department and that contributed to the murder of a child which could have been prevented if you had ensured your staff followed procedure.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2810822/Former-Baby-P-child-protection-chief-Sharon-Shoesmith-says-victim.html
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: How do you define serious?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 01:40:31 PM »
Disgusting....  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 01:57:27 PM »
 noooo: noooo:

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 02:27:54 PM »
Hang her  cussing: cussing: cussing: cussing:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 07:57:56 PM »

Sharon Shoesmith has come back out of the woodwork to complain that she is also a victim since she was sacked over the baby P scandal as she hasn't been able to find another job.

But last night Mrs Shoesmith claimed she was a 'victim' of the case. She said: 'Peter was a victim of male child homicide, but you know we have all been victims in this.'

Appearing on BBC's Newsnight she revealed she had not worked since 2008, despite applying for 'several hundred jobs'.
She said: 'You can't simply sack people. I think there needs to be an honest process. The real issue here is about familial child homicide.'

And just how are you a victim? You have a life, as opposed to the child who was beaten to death because you did a piss poor job of running your department and I'm pretty sure that the reason you haven't been able to find work since has nothing to do with the fact you were sacked and everything to do with your performance in your last role. Somehow I can't see an employer wanting to touch you with a bargepole.

And yes you could argue that there were also failings in the police and GP's who saw him but they haven't been whinging about how they are being 'unfairly treated', they have accepted that they completely screwed up and have got on with improving systems and procedures to try and stop it from happening again.

During her Newsnight interview, broadcast last night, she admitted that the number of mistakes made had been 'breathtaking when you look at it all together', but refused to describe the failures as 'serious'.
'It depends how you're going to define serious. What is a serious failure?' she asked.
'I believe I took responsibility and I believe that I was entirely accountable to my role.'

What is a serious failure? Call me picky but I'd say that a serious failure is where the department that you were responsible for repeatedly and consistently failed in their duty of care leading to the torture and horrific murder of a child, Peter and his brothers were already on the child protection register because of neglect but despite having any number of indicators that they should have been taken into care long beforehand no action was taken.

You haven't taken responsibility, if you had then you wouldn't be carping on about how you were a victim of the government pandering to public opinion. The simple fact is that you were negligent in running your department and that contributed to the murder of a child which could have been prevented if you had ensured your staff followed procedure.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2810822/Former-Baby-P-child-protection-chief-Sharon-Shoesmith-says-victim.html
Oh do stop being so ambiguous

Well said BTW
Well, whatever, nevermind