Disgusterous

Author Topic: There may be trouble ahead...  (Read 159897 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: There may be trouble ahead...
« Reply #1155 on: January 22, 2015, 04:31:26 PM »
The gas man cometh from Pafos today....

We've been using he company for ten years - they deliver 50Kg propane bottles for our gas fire. We keep two, when one is empty we change to the other, call them up and they bring a new one.

So, he turns up today but now due to EU regulations the truck with 20 50Kg gas bottles on the back has to have 'danger signs' fitted front and rear - in case you hadn't realised that the 20 50Kg bright orange containers on the back might contain flammable gas. Also, the truck was going off today to have a fire extinguisher box fitted on the outside like petrol tankers have.

Worse though, you now have to go on a training course to deliver gas bottles. But the course costs hundreds of €uros and you have to have a Cypriot driving licence to attend and speak and read Greek. And the driver can't...

So the changes will cost the company customers hundreds of €uros for each truck and put at least one driver out of work...

I'm not saying all the regulations are bad.... but at a time when the economy is completely fucked why impose extra costs now...? Why not make it so the next time the truck is replaced it has to meet all the new regs...?

Madness...  noooo:

You are just catching up with the madness we have. Similar situation with the gas bottles, new regs, too expensive to update the truck or the delivery cost becomes prohibitive.

Local lad now has a nice little earner going, you call and tell him what you want and he nips down to the depot, slings the cylinder in the back of his pickup and brings it round and connects it up. You pay him plus £5 cash for the trouble.

Sometimes he collects several and other stuff at the same time.

No safety issues there of course. Three big orange torpedoes rolling about with a dozen bags of coal stacked on top...  :thumbsup:

Zackly...

There is no mains gas here so there are literally thousands of people driving to/from the garage with gas bottles rolling around in the back of their car/truck. I do it with the 35Kg ones we use for cooking...

No signs, no fire extinguisher and no driver training....

In fact, the other day I came back from the garage having filled the Panjero with diesel, a 35Kg and a 20Kg propane bottle and a jerry can full of petrol for the generator in the back!  ;D
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #1156 on: January 22, 2015, 05:11:00 PM »

We've been using he company for ten years - they deliver 50Kg propane bottles for our gas fire. We keep two, when one is empty we change to the other, call them up and they bring a new one.

So, he turns up today but now due to EU regulations the truck with 20 50Kg gas bottles on the back has to have 'danger signs' fitted front and rear - in case you hadn't realised that the 20 50Kg bright orange containers on the back might contain flammable gas. Also, the truck was going off today to have a fire extinguisher box fitted on the outside like petrol tankers have.

Worse though, you now have to go on a training course to deliver gas bottles. But the course costs hundreds of €uros and you have to have a Cypriot driving licence to attend and speak and read Greek. And the driver can't...

So the changes will cost the company customers hundreds of €uros for each truck and put at least one driver out of work...

I'm not saying all the regulations are bad.... but at a time when the economy is completely fucked why impose extra costs now...? Why not make it so the next time the truck is replaced it has to meet all the new regs...?

Madness...  noooo:

You are just catching up with the madness we have. Similar situation with the gas bottles, new regs, too expensive to update the truck or the delivery cost becomes prohibitive.

Local lad now has a nice little earner going, you call and tell him what you want and he nips down to the depot, slings the cylinder in the back of his pickup and brings it round and connects it up. You pay him plus £5 cash for the trouble.

No safety issues there of course. Three big orange torpedoes rolling about with a dozen bags of coal stacked on top...  :thumbsup:

Zackly...

There is no mains gas here so there are literally thousands of people driving to/from the garage with gas bottles rolling around in the back of their car/truck. I do it with the 35Kg ones we use for cooking...

In fact, the other day I came back from the garage having filled the Panjero with diesel, a 35Kg and a 20Kg propane bottle and a jerry can full of petrol for the generator in the back!  ;D
What happened to the box of fireworks?
I mostly despair

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #1157 on: January 22, 2015, 05:19:27 PM »

Madness...  noooo:

Zackly...

No fireworks.... ::)

...there might well have been some boxes of 24g #8 in the back there though....  redface:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #1158 on: January 22, 2015, 05:21:18 PM »

Madness...  noooo:

Zackly...

No fireworks.... ::)

...there might well have been some boxes of 24g #8 in the back there though....  redface:

Shouldn't they be on the passenger seat........... whistle:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #1159 on: January 22, 2015, 06:08:59 PM »

Madness...  noooo:

Zackly...

A couple I once knew used to do that.

Spose  the good thing is they both died together and fairly quickly.   Some shit pulled out in front of them without looking and their car stopped a lot quicker than the gas bottles.

Please tie the bastard things down
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #1160 on: January 23, 2015, 07:03:21 PM »
Got a bank statement today.....

Interest earned = €0.06

Defence tax = €0.02

They wonder why the banks have no liquidity....?  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #1161 on: January 23, 2015, 07:13:05 PM »

Interest earned = €0.06

Defence tax = €0.02

If it was a paper statement you will get charged end of year......... noooo:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #1162 on: January 23, 2015, 07:13:31 PM »

Interest earned = €0.06

Defence tax = €0.02

If it was a paper statement you will get charged end of year......... noooo:

lol: lol: lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #1163 on: January 25, 2015, 05:17:33 PM »
Election day in Greece........ rubschin:

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #1164 on: January 25, 2015, 05:30:37 PM »

Looks like they're voting for money they haven't got.

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #1165 on: January 25, 2015, 07:46:59 PM »

Looks like they're voting for money they haven't got.
And no doubt they'll say it's not their fault when it all ends in tears. 
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #1166 on: January 29, 2015, 04:38:46 PM »
A chain of "euro" shops are closing down.........I thought they would do well in this economy...... rubschin:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #1167 on: January 29, 2015, 05:13:55 PM »
A chain of "euro" shops are closing down.........I thought they would do well in this economy...... rubschin:

I know, there is mass panic on the Pissouri Faceache page.... ::)
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #1168 on: January 29, 2015, 05:21:12 PM »

I know, there is mass panic on the Pissouri Faceache page.... ::)

The indepedent one near me closed last week........ rubschin:  maybe problems getting stock...... rubschin:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #1169 on: February 04, 2015, 08:46:18 AM »
Road Tax paid....  Shocked:
Pro Skub  Thumbs: