Author Topic: EUROVISION! Live commentary thread.  (Read 191606 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: EUROVISION! Live commentary thread.
« Reply #2310 on: May 13, 2017, 07:08:15 PM »
Voiceover man said viewers are warned that the programme contains repetitive ... flashing lights

I thought he was gonna say songs

lol: lol: lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #2311 on: May 13, 2017, 07:10:27 PM »
They seem like nice boys  ;)
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline TG

• Fool Member
« Reply #2312 on: May 13, 2017, 07:17:43 PM »
I must be getting old.

I have a book to read.

Goodnight
 NickSick
I think my cat wants to kill me...

Online Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #2313 on: May 13, 2017, 07:51:26 PM »
He's not missing much  noooo:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #2314 on: May 13, 2017, 08:36:56 PM »
He's not missing much  noooo:
Awful isn't it

I have Romania and Mrs K has The Netherlands in the extended family sweepstake.  Luckily there s a prize for the country either winning or coming last
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #2315 on: May 13, 2017, 09:05:37 PM »
Sounds like I wasn't missing anything by being at work...  lol:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #2316 on: May 13, 2017, 09:15:45 PM »
I've given up

IMHO Sweden with jolly chaps and travelators will almost certainly win despite Romania and France having the best legs on show.  Totty wise though it's been as disappointing as it has been song wise

Time for the UK to give up this annual farce, even Wogan couldn't have made this entertaining

Online Nick

« Reply #2317 on: May 24, 2017, 09:08:14 AM »
Just came across this on my pooter. Had quite forgotten that I wrote it.

Cameron welcomes Eurovision result

Prime Minister, David Cameron, said today how thrilled he had been with this year’s Eurovision song contest.

“The theme was “Building Bridges”, clearly a proto-Federalist message. Fortunately, the nationalist spirit of the participating nations quickly saw that one off in a two hour fiasco of crazed posturing, exploding pianos and wind machines. The French surpassed themselves with moody pouting and for once the Belgians managed to be mildly amusing.”

He continued, “But of course it was the voting that really made me jump for joy. Forgetting about building bridges European citizens wasted no time in settling scores and humiliating their enemies. The Germans got a well deserved fat zero (no, Ms Merkel, we remember the war!) and the French did little better, they may as well have surrendered immediately after their song. Yes, I admit, we didn’t do well, but remember, almost everyone sang in English to make sure they were understood (except the Frogs) and those plucky colonials, the Aussies, did very well. “

Concerns that the male population of Europe will have to endure months of swooning over Swedish winner by their womenfolk was dismissed by experts as unlikely. “Mans Zelmerlow will soon be outed as gay and that should calm them all down,” said Heinz Vexjo, President of the Eurovision Fan Club.
Talks are now under way to begin a Eurovision Cleavage Competition in 2016 in order to cut out other distractions in next year’s contest.
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #2318 on: May 24, 2017, 09:12:01 AM »
Just came across this on my pooter. Had quite forgotten that I wrote it.

Cameron welcomes Eurovision result

Prime Minister, David Cameron, said today how thrilled he had been with this year’s Eurovision song contest.

“The theme was “Building Bridges”, clearly a proto-Federalist message. Fortunately, the nationalist spirit of the participating nations quickly saw that one off in a two hour fiasco of crazed posturing, exploding pianos and wind machines. The French surpassed themselves with moody pouting and for once the Belgians managed to be mildly amusing.”

He continued, “But of course it was the voting that really made me jump for joy. Forgetting about building bridges European citizens wasted no time in settling scores and humiliating their enemies. The Germans got a well deserved fat zero (no, Ms Merkel, we remember the war!) and the French did little better, they may as well have surrendered immediately after their song. Yes, I admit, we didn’t do well, but remember, almost everyone sang in English to make sure they were understood (except the Frogs) and those plucky colonials, the Aussies, did very well. “

Concerns that the male population of Europe will have to endure months of swooning over Swedish winner by their womenfolk was dismissed by experts as unlikely. “Mans Zelmerlow will soon be outed as gay and that should calm them all down,” said Heinz Vexjo, President of the Eurovision Fan Club.
Talks are now under way to begin a Eurovision Cleavage Competition in 2016 in order to cut out other distractions in next year’s contest.

worthy:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #2319 on: May 11, 2018, 10:42:43 PM »
All nice and ready like...  :thumbsup:

I shall be on a 'plane and I doubt if the broadband will be up to watching it...  sad24:

They might have it on the live TV tho...  rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #2320 on: May 12, 2018, 01:20:01 AM »
Just for the hell of it I'd love to see him present the contest in character..  lol:

http://youtu.be/rUxEcXe4RQs
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #2321 on: May 12, 2018, 03:03:34 AM »
Just for the hell of it I'd love to see him present the contest in character..  lol:

lol: lol: lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #2322 on: May 12, 2018, 07:58:37 AM »

rubschin:

Nick and Nod are near Lisbon, surely they should present it. 

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #2323 on: May 12, 2018, 09:42:32 AM »
My younger brother and his wife is hosting a Eurovision party tonight facepalm:

They're great people so of course we're all going but sadly that means we have to watch facepalm: facepalm:

And on past form he will have a spreadsheet asking us all to rate each act on song, singing, artitic impression etc and then phone in a vote on our behalf facepalm: facepalm: facepalm:

I'm planning on taking douze pointsbouteilles of Peroni - think my plan is better

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #2324 on: May 12, 2018, 09:53:54 AM »

rubschin:

Nick and Nod are near Lisbon, surely they should present it.

facepalm:
Pro Skub  Thumbs: