Author Topic: Looks like its going to be Netflix after all then  (Read 887 times)

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
Looks like its going to be Netflix after all then
« on: June 01, 2017, 04:49:21 AM »
I've been using Amazon Prime for a little over a year now and been happy with the video content on there so when they announced new packages offering channels I was more than a little interested. Except now it turns out that even though none of the content I'd be watching is related to the BBC I'd still need to have a TV license to use them. I stopped paying for one because I don't watch live TV and there are only 2 shows that the BBC makes I have watched of late (and even they have gone downhill in my view). In the main I find their channels dumbed down and not worth watching and I strongly object to Nick Robinson's arrogant little announcement that the BBC has no duty to be impartial a while back.

So why the hell should I, or any other customer who like me don't watch any live TV but are thinking about subscribing to some of the channels Amazon will have to offer, have to fork out £147 a year to help fund these useless tossers. Especially when the BBC channels AREN'T AVAILABLE ON THAT SERVICE!!!  cussing:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/consumer-affairs/amazon-channels-users-will-need-tv-licence-even-though-cant/
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Looks like its going to be Netflix after all then
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 05:59:34 AM »
I've been using Amazon Prime for a little over a year now and been happy with the video content on there so when they announced new packages offering channels I was more than a little interested. Except now it turns out that even though none of the content I'd be watching is related to the BBC I'd still need to have a TV license to use them. I stopped paying for one because I don't watch live TV and there are only 2 shows that the BBC makes I have watched of late (and even they have gone downhill in my view). In the main I find their channels dumbed down and not worth watching and I strongly object to Nick Robinson's arrogant little announcement that the BBC has no duty to be impartial a while back.

So why the hell should I, or any other customer who like me don't watch any live TV but are thinking about subscribing to some of the channels Amazon will have to offer, have to fork out £147 a year to help fund these useless tossers. Especially when the BBC channels AREN'T AVAILABLE ON THAT SERVICE!!!  cussing:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/consumer-affairs/amazon-channels-users-will-need-tv-licence-even-though-cant/

Good points well made...

I haven't watched or listened to the BBC for years... Sometimes forces radio carry The Today Programme and I have to turn it off - biased shite...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Online Steve

• Power Poster
Re: Looks like its going to be Netflix after all then
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 08:33:41 AM »
 rubschin:  problem is Netflix is crap.  Subscribed a while back and didn't watch one programme so killed it off.  Meantime Amazon Prime is very good.

IF that Maily Telegraph article is true then a faux pas by Amazon but I'd say no court would convict you

But then I think the Beeb is excellent too
Well, whatever, nevermind