Author Topic: The all new sudden General Election thread  (Read 18762 times)

Online Nick

• Needs to get out more...
The all new sudden General Election thread
« on: April 18, 2017, 10:09:40 AM »
 eeek:

Could be interesting. Corbyn and co defeated and Brexit reversed??
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
Re: The all new sudden General Election thread
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 10:14:25 AM »
Could be hysterical if the Labour and SNP MPs don't back this tomorrow and she has to wait 3 more years

What a sad choice we've got.  A would be Mrs T, a bearded saddo, a Harry Potter lookalike and Nutjob Nuttall.

Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 10:14:50 AM »
Exciting!  :thumbsup:

Good speech akchewlee...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 10:59:52 AM »
Exciting!  :thumbsup:

Good speech akchewlee...
rubschin:

Sounded nervous to me and it all came over that she'd been briefed that without this she would lose the Commons vote on the eventual EU-UK divorce deal

Last weekends poll is a far better position for her than she would be after such a 2018 humiliation so this is her only way of being PM in 2020.   What's going to be interesting is what else she puts in the manifesto.  I can see her transferring the foreign aid budget to a new dept for kicking peasants

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 07:16:23 PM »
I see that Osbourne has decided not to stand so that he can 'fight for Britain' as editor of the Evening Standard. In other words he knows that if he stood he'd get a hammering in the polls that he would never live down so he's going to save himself the humiliation and make a comeback at some point in the future when the peasants have forgotten just how much of a smug tosser he was.
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 07:17:13 PM »
I see that Osbourne has decided not to stand so that he can 'fight for Britain' as editor of the Evening Standard. In other words he knows that if he stood he'd get a hammering in the polls that he would never live down so he's going to save himself the humiliation and make a comeback at some point in the future when the peasants have forgotten just how much of a smug tosser he was.

Can't fault that analysis...  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2017, 07:21:30 PM »

I'm disappointed that he isn't standing, I'd have paid to see that smug look wiped off his face when his constituents tell him to bugger off at the poles.
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2017, 07:29:56 PM »

I'm disappointed that he isn't standing, I'd have paid to see that smug look wiped off his face when his constituents tell him to bugger off at the poles.

Yes, Cameron too...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2017, 09:33:00 PM »

Except as he has one of the safest seats in the country so no way was he going to get hammered so frankly I've seen better theories.

His problem was more subtle.  He was going to tough it out until 2020 when Tatton would no longer exist as a constituency and as an excommunicated non person by Saint Theresa he'd have no 2020 constituency to stand for under the new boundaries. He could go off to his 6 alternative careers as some sort of supposed martyr and probably imagined he'd become some sort of sub cult figure with a media career .

All got torn up when she went for an election on the current boundaries  lol:.

Have to say if he and May were both drowning and there was only one lifeline, I know which I'd throw it to and it wouldn't be that lying cow.   Osborne may be inept, charmless, self centred and with dodgy social values but he has at least played with a straight bat.

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2017, 12:57:27 PM »
Abbot strikes again, how can you get lost walking out on to a stage and then manage the same thing again when you walk off it?  noooo:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-4512938/Robert-Hardman-humiliation-Diane-Abbott.html

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2017, 01:32:55 PM »
Abbot strikes again, how can you get lost walking out on to a stage and then manage the same thing again when you walk off it?  noooo:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-4512938/Robert-Hardman-humiliation-Diane-Abbott.html

How I larfed!  lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2017, 07:55:42 PM »
Car crash interview with Corbyn...

happy001
Truly awful but no worse than the car crash May had last night with the studio audience and the Paxo

I hate to say this but only one party leader is worth the title of leader and sadly she wants an independent Scotland

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2017, 10:12:32 PM »
The problem is that for years now we have seen an increase of 'professional politicians' who spend little or no time in the real world instead working within their respective party from the beginning or having a non job such as PR. Ultimately this means we end up with party leaders who in the main haven't a clue about the people they claim to represent. Abbot's recent 7 lane pile up intervies interview where she screwed up police costs and figures and compared her prior support of the IRA to changing her hairstyle, Corbyn's car crash interview and May's dismal efforts with the studio audience are just the latest examples of this trend.

Combine that with the 'time honored' practice of using cabinet positions as bribes and rewards for faithful service instead of giving them to the people who would be the most capable for the position and it's no wonder this country is going to hell in a handbasket.

As for Sturgeon, no matter what she rants about I don't believe that she want's independence for Scotland. She knows that she is raking in huge amounts of money from Westminster and that without those funds there is no way to continue with free prescriptions, university education et al. Basically I can see her having her cake and eating it, getting more powers devolved to Scotland while either keeping or increasing the funds gained through the Barnett formula. 

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2017, 02:39:01 AM »
Just when I was thinking there couldn't be a Labour shadow minister who was more stupid that Abbot, Thornberry declares that we wouldn't be able to export food to Australia because it would go off by the time it gets there. Obviously she hasn't heard of refrigerated and frozen container ships, or possibly even home fridges and freezers.  noooo:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/811134/Labour-gaffe-Emily-Thornberry-Australian-food