Author Topic: I Phones V Android...  (Read 797 times)

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
Re: I Phones V Android...
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2024, 09:35:32 AM »
Unfortunately most phones are like that nowadays.
And a lot of laptops

Nearly all 5 of our laptop batteries are done … noooo: but we only really use them plugged in for work ..but still a pain …
I thought that would work but sometimes it doesn't.  The power supplies don't have enough umph for the really peak but brief demands on the wiggle ampery which isn't a problem as long as the battery can be there to deliver peak current capability.  But after a few years they can't.

I spent £££ on a Microsoft Surface which started to crap out after about 4 years, I changed the power supply for a more powerful one but that only worked for about a year.  And can you change the battery?  No (despite what the web says)
Well, whatever, nevermind

Online apc2010

• Power Poster
Re: I Phones V Android...
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2024, 03:02:28 PM »
Unfortunately most phones are like that nowadays.
And a lot of laptops

Nearly all 5 of our laptop batteries are done … noooo: but we only really use them plugged in for work ..but still a pain …
I thought that would work but sometimes it doesn't.  The power supplies don't have enough umph for the really peak but brief demands on the wiggle ampery which isn't a problem as long as the battery can be there to deliver peak current capability.  But after a few years they can't.

I spent £££ on a Microsoft Surface which started to crap out after about 4 years, I changed the power supply for a more powerful one but that only worked for about a year.  And can you change the battery?  No (despite what the web says)

Our putor bloke said to ..charge them ..then use them unplugged …but during a wedding we would never remember to plug them in ….so better to be safe and leave plug in from beginning …plus if we have no leccy ..we have no speakers …. ;D