Disgusterous

Author Topic: Pensions advice  (Read 2238 times)

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
Pensions advice
« on: March 30, 2015, 04:55:59 PM »
Oh deepjoy, I've just had my first cold call from a company offering me free pensions advice  ::)

After their rather long opening introduction I asked how they'd managed to get my mobile phone number. Surprisingly they told me straight away... a marketing company which would seem to be connected to my household insurance people.

The call came from 01332 426342 in Derby, a company called First Review Pension Services and from their website I can see no connection with the insurance company.

The sharks are circling  evil:  I think a call to the insurance people tomorrow is likely  evil:
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
Re: Pensions advice
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 04:59:21 PM »
Before you do, check any paperwork you have and make sure that the 'tick if you don't wish to receive' hasn't been reworded to make it opt in instead of opt out.
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 05:14:55 PM »
Before you do, check any paperwork you have and make sure that the 'tick if you don't wish to receive' hasn't been reworded to make it opt in instead of opt out.

Noted  ;)

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 07:21:03 PM »
Oh deepjoy, I've just had my first cold call from a company offering me free pensions advice  ::)

After their rather long opening introduction I asked how they'd managed to get my mobile phone number. Surprisingly they told me straight away... a marketing company which would seem to be connected to my household insurance people.

The call came from 01332 426342 in Derby, a company called First Review Pension Services and from their website I can see no connection with the insurance company.

The sharks are circling  evil:  I think a call to the insurance people tomorrow is likely  evil:

Ta for that, 01332 426342 is now blocked here.   

It doesn't really matter what you've ticked with these cold call bastards, they just call you anyway and pretend it was your fault.

Hopefully Darwin will soon supply a suitable tried and tested script to help us all wind them up
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 07:27:38 PM »

Noted  ;)

I'd also ask them which (if any) data supply companies they sold your details on to. Then once you know which ones contact them and revoke permission to use your data. It won't help with anyone who has already bought your data but it should stop them from passing them on to further customers. 
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 03:48:10 PM »
The insurance company state they haven't passed on or sold any personal info and have no knowledge of First Review Pension Services.  ::)

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 04:00:11 PM »
Isn't there some news story in the papers about this scam?
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 04:21:45 PM »
The insurance company state they haven't passed on or sold any personal info and have no knowledge of First Review Pension Services.  ::)

Okay, plan B. Contact First Review and tell them that you want to make an official data request for everything they have about you including where they got your details from and that you want it in writing. Once you have it, if it does state that your insurance company passed the details on contact them again by email and include a scanned copy of the data source letter. Tell them that you have already been told that they haven't passed your details on but it seems clear that isn't the case and that you have been advised to contact the Information Commissioners office regarding your concerns.

The part about operations like this that really pisses me off is that regardless of how people feel about them call centres allow businesses to promote products and services in a way that means added costs aren't passed on to their customers. Most of the call centres and data supply companies are happy to follow the rules and in the case of some I have worked for previously go above and beyond what is required because it is better for the customer.

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2015, 12:06:03 AM »
Isn't there some news story in the papers about this scam?

Yes.......

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2015, 08:02:40 PM »
http://www.cyprusliving.org/phpbb/nfphpbb/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=57830   

eeek:

They are not selling anything, they are scammers!!! that set up a callcentre in an apartment, voip from a database that calls mobiles in the uk and shows a leeds number, they call themselves, the pension review centre, google the pension review centre and see what you get, also these people have no website, they try to extract d.o.b and ni number and your home address. I know at least 2 people in the uk that almost fell for this scam and realised when they asked for a national insurance number.

In reply to  tele sales job here (in case the link is removed )...

BTW for Pastis their e-mail is marshall50@outlook.com         Thumbs:
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 08:10:14 PM by apc2010 »

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2015, 08:10:32 PM »
ta

Well, whatever, nevermind